This is a full-time, exempt position. The Quality Manager is responsible for oversight of the Quality Control laboratory and managing Quality Assurance activities of the company. This includes GMPs, HACCP, FSMA, and DOH regulations. The wage rage is $70k-$100k.
Quality Control Laboratory Team and Quality Assurance Team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with Sales, Order Management, Logistics, and Manufacturing to ensure product inquires and customer requirements are understood and fulfilled.
- Ensure all testing, specifications and analysis of raw materials or finished goods meet required specified standards.
- Ensure retail customer requirements are met and support regulatory requirements for international requirements such as Health Canada.
- Supports the development of specifications, Batch Records and Master Manufacturing Records for dietary supplements and Production Records for dietary ingredients.
- Provide direction and leadership for Mock Recalls, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Actions, and effectiveness of both.
- Coordinates third party testing and manages stability testing programs.
- Participates on HACCP, Food Safety and Food Defense Team and manages monitoring of critical limits and HACCP corrective actions.
- Oversees product certifications including but not limited to; Kosher, Halal, Non-GMO Project Verification, iGen Non-GMO, Detox Project, Informed Choice.
- Responsible for handling customer complaints and returned products.
- Oversees all quality and food safety audits; third party, internal, supplier and customer audits.
- Oversees equipment verifications, method validation, and calibration programs, and ensures compliance to GMPs.
- Manages Out of Specification (OOS) reporting, Corrective/Preventative Action (CAPA) and Non Conforming Product (NCPR) processes and identifies compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Maintains a safe laboratory.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
This position includes sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, as well as working in the QC laboratory and Production facilities. Also includes walking to other areas of the farm.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, with regular visits to the laboratory and processing areas of the farm.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Biology, Botany, Marine Science, or relevant discipline, and 7 years in Quality and GMP regulated industry preferred. Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline and 5 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory position, managing Teams of employees.
- Effective communicator, strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills, as well as attention to detail. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Preferred member of American Society of Quality and is an ASQ Certified HACCP Auditor, is SQF Certified or holds equivalent certifications.
- Able to work independently as well as part of inter-departmental Teams to effectively apply and implement regulatory requirements.
- Proactive initiator, able to work collaboratively with others towards continual improvement.
- Proficiency with PC-based computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org