This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsible for processing Spirulina and Astaxanthin. Includes operating all processing equipment and packaging the finished product. Also responsible for shutdown, sanitation, and startup of processing systems. Employees in this position will work a designated shift (day shift, swing shift, or graveyard). $20/hr + premium
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operates a variety of equipment in an aquaculture environment, including pumps, dewatering screens, dryers and product packaging equipment.
- Examines processing logs to understand the current condition of the processing system.
- Continuously monitors and optimizes all equipment. Makes changes as needed.
- Consistently maintains all processing areas according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements.
- Performs packaging operations according to GMP requirements.
- Maintains extensive, detailed logs and records accurately.
- Maintains the processing areas in a clean condition during operation.
- Conducts shutdown, sanitation and startup of all processing systems, including periodic maintenance.
- Supports all team members in accomplishing all daily work.
- Follows GMP requirements as they relate to the position.
- Actively participates as a team member in training programs.
- Communicates fully with other processors and other departments to ensure the system is running properly.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
This position requires the ability to work indoors and outdoors, with extensive walking on uneven ground, climbing platform ladders, handling high pressure hoses, and lifting up to 60 lbs. This is a physically demanding position. Must be able to drive a forklift.
A majority of the work is performed inside the processing building. When outside, protection from sun exposure may be required.
- One year of work experience required. Previous experience in a production facility is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, in order to be certified on a forklift.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and cooperatively in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Possess mechanical abilities with good attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in work assignments. Must be able to work variable shifts, including weekends.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong basic math skills.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com