This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsible for performing assays, monitoring and setups essential for the Quality Control and Quality Assurance operations. These processes are essential for GMP-regulated dietary supplement products. The wage range is $23.50 — $28.50.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of analytical, chemical, and microbiological assays necessary for quality assurance.
- Conducts in-process GMP/HACCP monitoring and Quality Control sign-off for room release (necessary for quality assurance of the product).
- Conducts detailed review of records to ensure accuracy, completeness, and appropriate disposition.
- Performs setup of laboratory assays including autoclaving, and preparation of media, standards, and enzymes.
- Performs daily and monthly GMP inspections of the process buildings and grounds.
- Responsible for the organization of chemicals, chemical inventory, and general lab cleaning. Restocks and orders lab supplies as needed.
- Manages SDS documents for all laboratories, ensuring they are current and accurate and retained according to all applicable regulations.
- Generates accurate, reliable data and transfers to all recordkeeping locations.
- Performs sampling, testing, and approval of incoming materials and in-process samples.
- Performs lab equipment calibrations and preparation of standards.
- Assist with laboratory and manufacturing calibration program.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment to inspect components and assists with trouble shooting.
- Implements GMP training in work environment.
- Generates certificates of analysis.
- Maintains safe and clean laboratory.
- Generates purchase orders.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Back-up for review, verification, and sign-off of lab data and notebooks.
- Back-up for verification of completion of testing and tasks.
This position requires standing and working at a lab bench as well as sitting at a computer. May include occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
Work is primarily performed in a laboratory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Marine Science or relevant discipline preferred and three years of laboratory experience preferred. An Associate’s degree in a relevant discipline and five years of laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work experience with analytical instruments and techniques (HPLC and ICP/MS) preferred.
- Proficiency with PC-based computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Exhibits excellent Good Laboratory Practices.
- Displays a strong ability to problem solve and trouble shoot technical challenges.
- Preferred HAZMAT certified
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in work assignments.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com