This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsibilities include all purchasing-buying activities for Cyanotech raw materials, supplies, and services. Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of batch records, inventory worksheets and system postings in compliance with company procedures and policies. The position will also backup and support the warehousing/logistics department as required.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Processes PO requisitions accurately in a timely and effective manner
- Collaborates with Logistics department for the most cost-effective shipping methods
- Maintains accuracy of PO integrity and delivery dates for open orders
- Ensures that all applicable Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) qualifying documentation is obtained, including but not limited to Certificates of Analysis (COAs) and equipment verification forms are provided by time of new vendor setup and product delivery.
- Maintains vendor records.
- Works with Accounting to reconcile invoice discrepancies.
- Coordinates return authorizations
- Assists with receiving and moving raw materials, supplies, and finished goods. Picks up and delivers materials from local vendors.
- Forklift training will be provided for certification.
- Training will be provided for TSA certification for airport deliveries.
- Identifies inventory control opportunities and implements corrective adjustments in conjunction with Operations and Finance team.
- Works with Operations team to validate location and organization of inventory, safety stock, purchasing, and understanding of inventory usage.
- Participates with monthly inventory reporting, validation of incoming and usage variances with Operations team.
- Assists and supports in the resolution and documentation of Material Control issues. • Reviews Purchasing and Inventory Control SOP for accuracy as needed.
- Performs other duties and projects that may be assigned
May be required to sit for extended periods of time at a computer. May need to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Work is performed primarily in an office and warehouse environment but can be outside as necessary to complete inventory duties as necessary.
- H.S. Diploma, or Associate’s Degree in business, accounting or other relevant discipline.
- Driver license.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills.
- Some previous purchasing and inventory control experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with PC-based computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team. Must interact with all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented with proven follow-up skills.
- Ability to conduct web searches for purchasing of products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong math and problem-solving skills.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org