This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsibilities include installing and repairing pond liners, pipe and plumbing, painting, operating equipment, and general construction. This position performs a wide variety of tasks, depending on the specific projects.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs general carpentry, painting, concrete work, and construction as needed.
- Installs and repairs pond liners as needed.
- Installs and repairs PVC pipe and plumbing as needed.
- Performs general maintenance of ponds and cultivation systems.
- Installs and maintains pond cooling systems.
- Operates Sky Trak, backhoe, forklift and golf carts. Must be able to pass the certification program for heavy equipment.
- Operates hand and power tools, and shop equipment.
- Perform repairs to minimize equipment downtime.
- Supports project and repair work as required.
- Maintains weed control throughout the 90-acre facility and adjacent CIC property.
- Complies with GMP and safety guidelines in all work duties. Helps maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintains efficient and productive work output with minimum supervision.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Performs welding duties
- Building maintenance
This position requires heavy physical activity including walking, climbing, reaching, bending, twisting, kneeling and stooping. May be required to lift up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis. (Assisted-lifting is encouraged for heavy items.) Must be able to work at a consistent steady pace day after day.
A majority of the work is performed outside, in a sunny, warm climate. Protection from sun exposure is required.
- High School diploma or GED. Trade school or formal technical training in mechanical trade is preferable.
- 3 years previous experience in construction or mechanical related fields
- Work experience with hand and power tools, and shop equipment is required.
- Ability to learn the skilled use of specialized tools and application techniques to repair pond liners.
- Experience with PVC pipe installation and repair.
- Ability to read and work from technical drawings.
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to operate Forklift, Sky Trak, Back hoe, tractors.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to be certified for forklift and heavy equipment operation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform work in areas with difficult access and with heavy lifting required.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org