This is a Temporary position through Altres. Responsible for operating supercritical CO2 extraction equipment used to remove high-value lipids from Haematococcus. Ensures safe and sustainable production of extraction products.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Safely completes plant cleaning, basket loading and unloading, packing, and other tasks as required to prevent operating delays.
- Constantly monitors operations in close coordination with other operators, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner and identifying opportunities to avoid recurrence.
- Maintains the extraction areas in a clean condition during operation. Consistently maintains all extraction areas according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements.
- Adheres to SOP’s, Manufacturing instructions and other relevant documentation. Where documentation is deficient, suggests improvements to the Extraction Supervisor.
- Maintains extensive, detailed logs and records accurately.
- Maintains Quality Assurance (QA) records, including careful labeling, handling and checking of samples. Understands and interprets QA results and takes appropriate action when required.
- Communicates directly with other operators, Extraction Supervisor, and maintenance as soon as possible regarding maintenance and repair work.
- Performs operator preventive maintenance activities as required according to SOP’s.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance-related issues.
- Blends oil to specific titer and package.
- Operates Spirulina and Astaxanthin processing equipment.
- Follows GMP requirements as they relate to the position.
- Actively participates as a team member in training programs.
- Works in a safe manner at all times.
- Communicates fully with other extractors and other departments to ensure the system is running properly.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Must be able to regularly lift and move 55 pound bags and buckets, climb ladders, work at heights and handle high pressure hoses. This is a physically demanding position. Must be able to drive a forklift.
A majority of the work is performed inside the extraction building. When outside, protection from sun exposure may be required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of work experience required. Previous experience in a production facility is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, in order to be certified on a forklift and other equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and cooperatively in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Possess mechanical abilities with good attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in work assignments. Must be able to work variable shifts, including weekends.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong basic math skills.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com