This is a full-time, exempt position. Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of Extraction, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Ensures efficient, cost effective production of quality products. Works closely with all departments to ensure good communication and coordination of activities. $70k-$100k annually
*This position is a member of the Executive Team
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Oversees staffing, training, cross-training and scheduling for all shifts to meet production requirements.
- Coordinates with Materials Control to meet production requirements.
- Organize spare parts and evaluate inventory levels.
- Create SOPs, training programs, and evaluation schedules for all extraction employees.
- Drives increased yields and operational efficiencies.
- Oversees and ensures that all aspects of extraction meet quality standards and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Ensures that extraction buildings and equipment are maintained to meet health standards and product quality.
- Oversees and ensures that data is gathered, logged and maintained as required.
- Plans production for most efficient use of personnel and equipment.
- Responsible for all personnel activities, including timely performance appraisals, new hires, promotions, timekeeping, timely disciplinary actions.
- Communicates regularly with VP of Operations, Quality Control, Materials, Repair and Maintenance, and Sales to ensure effective coordination of activities to meet customer demands.
- Collaborate on engineering needs throughout the complex.
- Evaluation and advisement on computer control systems.
- Coordinates production and compliance projects.
- Conducts weekly meetings with Extraction staff.
- Complies with GMP and safety guidelines in all work duties.
- Maintains a safe working environment and is a member of the Safety Team.
- Ensures that department goals are aligned with Corporate Goals and Values.
- Encourages staff contributions for continual improvement of facilities and practices.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
This position requires heavy physical activity including walking, climbing, reaching, bending, twisting, kneeling and stooping. May be required to lift up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis. (Assisted-lifting is required for heavy items in accordance with OSHA guidelines.)
Work is split between a humid processing area and an air-conditioned office.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Food Sciences, Food Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or other relevant field.
- Five to seven years in a supervisory role at a food production or agricultural facility.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in math and an analytical aptitude.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including time management, multi-tasking and project management.
- Proficiency in PC-based computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to learn and effectively use NAV ERP system.
- Able to manage people effectively and to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com