This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsibilities include maintaining electrical safety and system reliability. Position also requires work maintaining mechanical and pipe systems, and other maintenance related tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains all electrical systems. Responsible for system reliability.
- Installs three-phase electrical and motor circuits.
- Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled work. Includes general construction, installation, and maintenance of electrical equipment, industrial motor and control equipment, devices and services in a food manufacturing environment.
- Performs preventive inspections of industrial electrical motor and control systems to ensure safety and performance.
- Troubleshoots motors and electrical circuits.
- On call for emergency electrical repairs for a 24/7 food manufacturing facility. Position requires work on one weekend day per week.
- Maintains mechanical systems including pumps, dryers and dewatering equipment.
- Maintains PVC pipe systems.
- Submits requisitions for electrical supplies, materials, tools and equipment.
- Maintains general inventory of spare parts to ensure that repairs are made immediately.
- Assists with building maintenance, general maintenance and construction activities.
- Participates as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Perform QC functions as trained by QC personnel including but not limited to sanitation signoff.
This position requires heavy physical activity including walking, climbing, reaching, bending, twisting, kneeling and stooping. May be required to lift up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis.
A majority of the work is performed outside, in a sunny, warm climate, and inside in production areas which can be humid. Protection from sun exposure may be required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Licensed as a Journeyman Industrial Electrician in Hawaii is required.
- Working knowledge of electrical safety, National Electrical Code, materials, tools and equipment used in the electrical trade.
- Reads and comprehends technical drawings and instructions.
- Additional skills in one or more of the following trades: industrial mechanic, building maintenance, welding, carpentry or related trades.
- Proficiency with PC-based computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills. Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good problem-solving skills.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org