This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsible for maintaining basic aspects of algae pond operation including, but not limited to pond growth, harvest, transfers, feeding and cleanliness as an essential part of the farm and field functions. Employees in this position will work a designated schedule including swing shift, weekends and holidays.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Sweeps and harvests ponds with tractor.
- Calibrates pH and temperature meters.
- Verifies harvest and transfer setups.
- Fixes blow outs and leaks on high pressure system.
- Pressure washes ponds as needed.
- Maintains harvest and transfer hoses in a safe and workable manner.
- Knowledgeable in setup of high pressure system for harvests and ponds as needed. • Collects daily pond samples accurately.
- Cleans sample bottles and puts away as needed.
- Records pH and temperature data for each pond daily.
- Maintains nutrient vials in an orderly manner.
- Proper use of pH meters, temperature meters and spectrometer in field and laboratory. • Maintains 4.0 pH buffer at ponds for probe storage.
- Feeds and treats ponds as needed with nutrients.
- Makes and stages nutrients.
- Sets up pond transfers and pond harvests.
- Maintains harvest filters, disposal of filter waste.
- Maintains and uses FLOC tank properly.
- Maintains tractors with full tanks of diesel fuel.
- Daily pond cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures trash from the algae farming process area is disposed of properly.
- Monthly janitorial duties.
- Follows GMP requirements as they relate to the position.
- Actively participate in safety and work related training
- Communicates fully with other processors and other departments to ensure the system is running properly.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
This position requires the ability to work outdoors in the sun, with extensive walking on uneven ground, climbing platform ladders, and lifting up to 50 lbs. This is a physically demanding position
The majority of the work is performed outside, in a sunny, hot climate. Protection from sun exposure may be required. The daily duties may also include working in wet, slippery areas such as in ponds and around tractors.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of work experience required. Previous experience in a production facility, algal production, aquaculture or farming is preferred.
- Able to operate Forklift, Sky Trak, and tractors.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to be certified for forklift and heavy equipment operation.. • Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and cooperatively in a fast-paced farming/production environment.
- Possess mechanical abilities with good attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail. • Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in work assignments. Must be able to work variable shifts, including weekends.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org