This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Responsible for a variety of duties related to operating, monitoring, maintaining and cleaning microalgae systems and equipment. Position requires extensive attention to detail, adherence to SOPs, documentation and recordkeeping. Employees in this position are will work a designated schedule including weekends and holidays. Starting pay DOE.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operates a variety of systems in the cultivation of algae (Haematococcus).
- Maintains clean cultures, and adheres to clean culture SOPs.
- Prepares nutrient and trace stock solutions.
- Maintains inventory of all nutrient and chemicals ensuring that all items are in stock and ready for use or on order.
- Cleans culture systems and sanitizes chemically and/or with steam/autoclave.
- Monitors algae culture health.
- Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Reviews, revises and validates SOPs and other GMP documentation.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
This position requires the ability to work outdoors in the sun, with extensive walking on uneven ground, climbing platform ladders, and lifting up to 50 lbs. This is a physically demanding position.
The majority of the work is performed outside, in a sunny, hot climate. Protection from sun exposure may be required. The daily duties may also include working in wet, slippery areas such as in ponds.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to be certified to operate forklifts, Sky Trak, and tractors.
- Experience in algal production, aquaculture or farming is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and cooperatively in a fast-paced
- Knowledge of basic plumbing/electrical/construction is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in work assignments.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org