This is a full-time, non-exempt position. This position is responsible for timely and accurate processing of accounts payable transactions and sales tax returns. Performs periodic account reconciliations for key general ledger accounts as needed.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Processes accounts payable transactions accurately and in a timely manner following published approval matrix. Reviews transactions entered into ERP for accurate G/L coding.
- Prepares aged payable reports for weekly payment, suggesting vendor to be paid and circulates report for approvals.
- Reviews and enters approved invoices and expense reports for payment (check, ACH, credit card). Ensures approvals comply with approved authority levels.
- Monitors invoice transactions to ensure proper adherence to accounting policies
- Calculates and prepares accounts payable accruals for recurring monthly invoices, credit cards, company travel expenses and freight.
- Reconciles accounts payable, company credit card clearing and intercompany ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Reconciles vendor statements with our records, including calls to and from vendors. Responds to vendor inquiries on a timely basis.
- Prepares data for and submits individual state sales returns by due date. Registers in new states for filing.
- Prepares, prints, and distributes annual 1099 Forms
- Maintains accounts payable files, including pending and paid invoices. Ensures that W-9’s are received for all vendors.
- Posts other outgoing cash entries as necessary.
- Assists Corporate Controller with period-end and year-end “close” of Accounts Payable.
- Accurate filing of associated documents and records.
- Updates Accounts Payable desk procedures and process narratives on an annual basis.
- Works with all departments to obtain the information necessary for accounts payable and accrued liabilities.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to system of internal controls.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time at a computer or talking on the telephone. May need to lift up to 20lbs on occasion.
Work is performed primarily in an air-conditioned office environment.
- Associate degree with major in Business, Accounting, or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Two years or more of accounting experience in a business office setting with prior experience as an accounts payable clerk.
- Proficiency in using PC-based applications and Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Proficiency in math and analytical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including time management, multi-tasking, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new accounting software.
- Able to perform the essential job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Management reserves the right to change this job with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com